Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Survey on Unsupervised Graph-based Word Sense Disambiguation

My assignment for the Natural Language Ontology class was not easy: write a paper report about an article presented at Cicling 2010. We had to "blindly" choose our paper while reading only the available abstracts, but I made my choice wisely (or just had a bit of luck ;)) since I picked one of the awarded articles: An Experimental Study on Unsupervised Graph-based Word Sense Disambiguation, by George Tsatsaronis, Iraklis Varlamis, Kjetil Nørvåg.
I did not stick only to the paper above, but made a comparison with the work done by Sinha, R., Mihalcea, R. in their paper Unsupervised graph-based word
sense disambiguation using measures of semantic similarity
.
Here is the paper report and the short presentation I gave to my Computational Linguistics colleagues yesterday:



PS: Google Books already published most of the Computational Linguistics and Intelligent Text Processing proceedings.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment